Friday 18 March 2011

configurations box of geegaws

hello bloggers, I finally got this finished today, it has been on my desk for nearly 2 weeks waiting to be filled :)  I had to improvise with some stuff......... and I mean improvise big time, I don't have alot of "lord tims" embellishments, so I had to make do with what I had and could find in my box of bits, the legs are beads, corner is a "snipped away until I have a corner necklace piece", the white doll was replaced with a white plastic cherub that I got off a bottle of wine, the little bottle was one I had for holding glitter, so got distressing its shiny lid, and the rest of the bits are some of my lifetimes collection of stuff, I have been picking up bits since I was a kid, knowing that I liked them, had no real use for and one day would know what to do with them, and this box let me do that :) the brooch I got when I was a kid at a market, the pen nips are from a box that my nana used to use to write her letters, the pearl silver gem was from an antique shop.........just a huge and little collection of all vintage'y things I have been picking up like a magpie since the year dot! so there you have it my collection of geegaws :)..............all of course inspired by the talented tim:) (the configuation box was a gift from karen who took his class...thank you hunnyxx) have a lovely weekend xxx







12 comments:

Marlen said...

Gorgeous Mandy, simply beautiful

Paperfanatic said...

It turned out great hun. Loving the brass button.

Michelle Clement said...

Oh, love this! :) All the little treasures in it are so sweet!

Netty said...

Loving all your treasures. Great box. Annette x

Kaz said...

This is beautiful Mandy and I think the fact you've used things personal to you is far better than adding 'set' pieces xx

Joanna Oborska said...

This is gorgeous! I love it! :D

Cardarian said...

Oh your box is sooo beautiful! You have collected such lovely bits! I just can't stop looking!
Hugs,
Cardarian

Gez Butterworth said...

Great box. Lovely how you have personalized it :)
Hope you have a great weekend.

Sandra said...

This really is gorgeous.

Neasa said...

Stunning as always Mandy. Is that the music stamp on the insert of the bottle cap? Just beautiful. I could look at the detail all day.

Bets Bits said...

love it nice collection x you put me to shame mine is still sitting looking at me wondering when oh when is she going to fill me !!!!lol
must do mine when i get myself up and running again xx

emilysnan said...

hiya , love the con.fig.box i am itching to do one myself so might just have to jump in and get on with it ?
tfs
xmaggiex